How to get to Gwangju
- Incheon International Airport ▶ Gwangju.
- High-speed rail : 2 hours 50 minutes
- Bus : 4 hours
- Gimpo International Airport ▶ Gwangju
- Plane : 50 minutes
- Yongsan Station (Seoul) ▶ Gwangju
- High-speed rail : 1 hour 40 minutes
- Bus : 3 hours 30 minutes
- Muan International Airport ▶ Gwangju
- Bus : 30 minutes
- Jeju International Airport ▶ Gwangju.
- Plane : 30 minutes
- Incheon International Airport – Located 340km north of Gwangju, flies to major cities around the world.
- Muan International Airport – Located 43km west of Gwangju, flies to Vietnam, Thailand, China and Japan.
- Gimpo International Airport – Located 323km north of Gwangju, flies to Taiwan, China and Japan. Has two flights to Gwangju per day.
The high-speed train, including the KTX and SRT, is convenient for travellers from Incheon airport and from Seoul, allowing visitors to reach Gwangju speedily. Passengers can confirm train information, including departure and arrival times, and pay for reservations using the relevant high-speed train websites and mobile apps.
- Train from Seoul Station/Yongsan Station to Gwangju Songjeong Station (1 hour 40 minutes)
- Train from Suseo Station to Gwangju Songjeong Station (1 hour 40 minutes)
- Train from Gwangmyeong Station to Gwangju Songjeong Station (1 hour 40 minutes)
Express buses run between the 7 big metropolitan cities and across main regions nationwide. Passengers can confirm bus information, routes, departure and arrival times, and pay for reservations using the express bus websites and mobile apps.
- The ‘limousine’ airport bus from Incheon Airport to Gwangju runs 33 times a day at 10- to 50–minute intervals.
Travellers arriving by car can reach Gwangju by the Honam Expressway , the Seohaean Expressway and the Gwangju-Daegu Expressway etc. For detailed routes, please utilize mobile apps or sat navs.
- From Seoul: Gyeongbu Expressway -> Nonsan, Cheonan Expressway -> Honam Expressway -> Certification Center
- From Daejeon: Honam Expressway Branch -> Honam Expressway -> No.2 Ring Road -> Certification Center
- From Daegu: Shincheon-daero -> Gwangju-Daegu Expressway -> Honam Expressway -> Certification Center
- From Busan: Namhae No.2 Expressway Branch -> Namhae Expressway -> Honam Expressway -> Certification Center
On presentation of their registration certification (AD) card, all participants who have completed the registration certification can use public transportation free of charge. Confirmation of the bus information, including departure and arrival times, is possible via the website and mobile app.
- The intercity buses run throughout Gwangju City and to neighboring towns and regions (Damyang, Naju, Hwasun, Jangseong, and Hampyeong).
Gwangju Metropolitan City bus website
- Gwangju subway runs between 20 stations on Line No.1 (Pyeongdong Station <-> Nokdong Station, 05:25~24:00, at intervals of 6 minutes on average).
Gwangju Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation website