To register for the 18th FINA World Masters Championships Gwangju 2019, an online registration at the FINA Gegeneral Management System is required.
- 1) Visit online registration page : https://registration.fina.org
- 2) Create an account
- Select your category between Masters Athlete, Masters Coach, or Masters Accompanying person
- Returning participants (participants to the previous Masters Championships) may use the same email address and password to login to their account.
- 3) Fill personal data
- 4) Insert accreditation photo that complines with the criteria “FINA Accreditation Photo Requirement” below.
- Passport photo
- Size and format
- In color (not black and white)
- Minimum 425x566 pixels (WxH)
- Maximum image size of 1mb
- format : *jpeg (* .jpg)
- 5) Add travel documents
- A copy of valid proof of identification must be submitted. Individuals who require a travel visa must submit a copy of passport.
- 6) Select your Event. Select “FINA World Masters Championships 2019” under the “Event” Tab.
- 7) Select discipline
- 8) Complete registration fee payment
- 9) Select sport entries for individual events
- 10) Complete payment for sport entries fee (Masters and VISA only)
Jan. 23, 2019 – Jun. 24, 2019
- All athletes must submit documentation proving their affiliation to a club belonging to their national federation. A copy of an official ID (resident ID, driver's license, passport) must also be provided. (Individuals who require a travel visa should please provide a copy of their passport as official ID)
- All competitors must be 25 years or older as stated in the FINA Masters Rule. Competitor’s age shall be determined as of December 31 of the year of the Championships. (Minimum age for water polo is 30 years)
Benefits with registration fee
Once registration fee payment is completed, participants will receive a registration badge with the following benefits.
- Free use of public transportation within Gwangju Metropolitan City
- Eligibility to stay in the World Championships Village
- Discounted rates for official hotels
- Discounted rates for culture events during the Championships period
|Athlete||USD 65||One-time payment|
|Coach & Support Staff||USD 40|
|Accompanying persons||USD 40|
|Swimming (Relay)||USD 40||Team|
|Open water||USD 45||Individual|
|Synchronised Diving||USD 36||Team|
|Water polo||USD 390|
|Artistic Swimming, Solo||USD 18||Individual|
|Artistic Swimming, Duet and Mixed Duet||USD 30||Team|
|Artistic Swimming, Team, Free Combination||USD 90|
※ Registration fees and entry fees are payable online at the FINA GMS website. Only Visa and Mastercard are accepted.
※ (For Koreans) Korean nationals wanting to compete in the Masters Championships must be affiliated with a domestic masters club in Korea.
Domestic Club Registration Process
- 1) Representative of the domestic club submits necessary documents to National Swimming Federation.
- Application documents: Masters club registration form and registration cards for individual athletes.
- 2) Athlete registration requirement: Persons 25 years of age or older (30 years or older for water polo)
- (Individuals who are registered as elite athletes as of the Masters Championship year cannot register as Masters athletes)
- 3) Registration period: To be announced in the first half of 2019 by National Swimming Federation.
※ Please refer to Entry Guidebook for more details.